Membership to the ILC allows you to connect and collaborate with nursing and healthcare clinicians, researchers, educators, leaders, policy-makers and consumers from around the world. The ILC currently has 110+ members from 18 different countries.
Membership to the ILC affords a number of benefits, including:
- Access to an extensive international network of nursing and other healthcare leaders
- Involvement in cutting-edge research and development projects around fundamental care
- Invitation to attend the annual ILC Conference and Summit, including biennial meetings held in Oxford, the birthplace of the ILC
- Opportunities to actively shape the ongoing dialogue and research and practice agenda relating to fundamental care, making a real impact to healthcare systems and patients’ care experiences
- Access to the Members-only page of the website where you can connect with other members and download exclusive content from the annual Conference and Summit
Membership is currently open for individuals with an interest in improving the delivery of fundamental care globally. Individuals must be one (or more) of the following, specifically in relation to healthcare:
How much you get out of your membership to the ILC depends on how much you put in. At the minimum, we require members to:
- Be willing to share experiences, embrace collaboration and engage in ILC activities (either virtually or in-person)
- Challenge their current ways of thinking and to embrace new, innovative ideas
- Adhere to the ILC’s Intellectual Property and Rules of Engagement, which can be found here
The ILC provides the opportunity to connect academic inquiry to practical application. Over the last 9 years the work has expanded across the globe and some important coordinated discoveries have led to a deeper understanding of what FOC are, influencing important political agendas and application to improve the experience of FOC in practice!
A social movement of profound importance
A unique worldwide collaboration to unite and progress knowledge to transform practice and meet the patient’s fundamental needs! Please join us!
How to Join
To become a member, all you need to do is:
- Complete and submit an Expression of Interest form online here
- Your application will be sent to the Steering Group for consideration
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application
- If you application is accepted, you will be placed on the ILC’s membership database and gain access to the Members-only page of the website
Does membership cost anything?
3 days ago
Membership is currently free. There is, however, a cost associated with attending the ILC’s annual Conference and Summit. All information regarding the ILC’s Conference and Summit can be found on the Events page.